Perpetual Motion has made some modifications to the format of our Ultimate Frisbee Leagues in order to comply with Phase 3 Team sports requirements and to ensure the safety of our players and staff.
Ultimate Frisbee Roster Size and Eligibility:
1. According to the Ontario Guidelines (page 19) leagues must contain no more than 50 participants total. If participants in a league exceed 50, the league may divide into smaller group of no more than 50. Players are not yet permitted to play against players outside of their league or group.
2. Team rosters will be capped at 12 players for all divisions to stay within the maximum of 50 players allowed in a league. Subs are not permitted, only players on the roster are allowed to play and you are only allowed to play in one group. League sizes will be adjusted to keep the limit to the 50 player maximum.
3. Only individuals who have signed the updated waiver, performed a weekly self screening assessment and read the guidelines of play will be allowed to participate.
4. Captains will need to keep a weekly log of players attendance for tracing purposes.
Ultimate Frisbee Rule Adjustments and Equipment:
1. Players must maintain physical distancing of 2-meters before, when possible during play, resting/sitting on the sideline and departing the game. Please keep in mind that we are all responsible to make every effort to minimize prolonged or deliberate contact between players. Players must refrain from high-fives, fist/elbow bumps, huddles and shaking hands. According to the Ontario Guidelines (page 19) amateur and recreational sports leagues may resume so long as they do not allow prolonged or deliberate physical contact between players or if they have modifications to avoid physical contact between players.
2. Disc Space and Guarding the Disc: The person defending the player with the disc must now be at least 2 meters away from the disc. If they find themselves within this space they must immediately retreat.
3. Stall Counts: Stall Counts are reduced from 10 stalls to 8 stalls as there isn't as much pressure on the thrower. Defenders cannot start counting on stall until they are in the 2-3 meter range of the player with the disc. The counter will wave his arm in the air to start then do an 5 second silent count or count with their fingers, followed by a verbal Stall 6 to Stall 8. If they purposefully leave this distance, the stall count re-sets.
4. Checking the Disc In: The player restarting play after a foul call or out-of-bounds play should tap the disc on the ground to signal the re-start of play instead of their check tapping it in.
5. Game Disc: Teams should come with 2-3 usable game discs each and sanitizer or wipes for players to clean the disc. Teams are encouraged to swap out discs or re-sanitize discs often. Players should also bring hand santizer to clean their hands regularly throughout the game. If a disc from another game lands on your field, do not throw it back. Let a player from another field pick up their disc.
6. Game Length: Due to cohort restrictions, our Ultimate leagues will be single opponent, not double opponent. As such matches will consist of two 40-minute halves.
7. Prizes and Team Pictures: During Covid-19 we won't be taking team pictures, using the Perpetual Card or awarding prizes, you will be playing for bragging rights, great sportmanship and a fun night out!!!
Indoor Ultimate Return to Play Guidelines (subject to change):
- All players must wear a mask when inside the building except when playing the games and sitting on the sidelines while the game is in progress. Mask must be worn when entering/exiting the building, going to and from the washrooms and while changing your shoes.
- All player must wait at the main front doors to enter the building, all players from the previous games must first exit the building (side door) before the next group can enter. Entry will not occur earlier than 10 minutes before game time. Only those preregistered in the league will be permitted to enter the facility.
- Players must come dressed to play as all the change rooms will be closed. Players must bring indoor shoes to change into before playing the game.
- Game will be 50 minutes long which allows 5 minutes for teams to leave and 5 minutes for new teams to enter the building. When your game is over please exit quickly, so the next group can enter the building. Players are to maintain physical distancing from staff and each other upon entry.
- Customers will be required to passively screen themselves for COVID-19 symptoms (via signage) before being allowed to enter the facility. Staff will verbally ask participants to acknowledge they have read the self- screening signage.
- Upon entry individuals will be asked to sanitize their hands and follow the verbal direction of the facility ambassador. The ambassador will ask you for your first and last name and check you off from the attendance sheet.
- You will proceed through the lobby into the fieldhouse, the outside lane of the track will be closed and covered with a floor covering to protect the track. The closed outside track lane will be split into two change areas, one side for the teams coming in and the opposite side for the teams departing the facility. Chairs will be spaced 2 meters apart against the outside wall for you to sit and change into your indoor shoes. Store your belongings at your chair and proceed to the field as instructed by facility staff to do so. Travel on the track covering that has been put in place to protect the track. If you choose, you can remove your face covering at this time.
- No eating or drinking liquids other than water is permitted. Water fountains have been put out of service until further notice, the vending machine has been emptied and put out of service until further notice. The hydration station will be in service.
- Spectators are not permitted indoors.