Perpetual Motion has made some modifications to the format of our Beach Volleyball Leagues in order to comply with Phase 3 Team sports requirements and to ensure the safety of our players and staff.
Beach Volleyball Roster Size and Eligibility:
1. According to the Ontario Guidelines (page 19) leagues must contain no more than 50 participants total. If participants in a league exceed 50, the league may divide into smaller group of no more than 50. Players are not yet permitted to play against players outside of their league or group.
2. Team rosters will be capped at 8 players for Recreational 6's leagues and 5 players for Competitive/Intermediate 4's league to minimize contacts and stay within the maximum of 50 players allowed in a league. Subs are not permitted, only players on the roster are allowed to play and you are only allowed to play in one group. League sizes will be adjusted to keep the limit to the 50 player maximum.
3. Only individuals who have signed the updated waiver, performed a weekly self screening assessment and read the guidelines of play will be allowed to participate.
4. Captains will need to keep a weekly log of players attendance for tracing purposes.
Beach Volleyball Rule Adjustments and Equipment:
1. Restricted Area: The courts will have a one meter out of bounds area beside the net to keep players two meters apart and maintain physical distancing between teams. You can play any ball inside your court however you cannot enter the out of bounds area in front of the net. If your foot completely crosses the line into the out of bounds area in front of the net, the ball is considered dead (much like the center line in court volleyball). Any ball that lands in the out of bounds area are considered out of play.
2. Players must maintain physical distancing of 2-meters before, during and after all activies. This includes arriving on site, playing the sport, resting/sitting on the sideline and departing the game. Players must refrain from high-fives, fist/elbow bumps, huddles and shaking hands. According to the Ontario Guidelines (page 19) amateur and recreational sports leagues may resume so long as they do not allow prolonged or deliberate physical contact between players or if they have modifications to avoid physical contact between players.
3. Returning Rogue Ball: If another courts ball comes to your group return it with your feet instead of your hands.
4. Sanitizing Station: We will supply either spray sanitizer or sanitizing wipes to the courts for communal use of equipment before, during and after the games. We will also have hand sanitizer on site, however players are also encouraged to bring their own. An extra ball will be provided at each court to rotate through so the balls can be sanitized.
5. Scoreboards: Will not be used for the beach volleyball league to minimize contact.
6. Prizes and Team Pictures: During Covid-19 we won't be taking team pictures, using the Perpetual Card or awarding prizes, you will be playing for bragging rights, great sportsmanship and a fun night out!!!